Friday, April 29, 2011

Rachel Anne in Parliament: update

As some of you may know from knowing me, or from reading my blog, about two months ago (my goodness time flies) I was recognized in Parliament by my MP for Glengarry, Prescott, & Russell: Mr. Pierre Lemieux.  Mr. Lemieux (who is a very classy guy) spoke about a national award I had won for an art piece I made for the Historica-Dominion Art From Memory Challenge that was inspired by a Canadian veteran, Mr. Fraser Muir (who I finally recently got to speak with and he is a delight!).

Anyway, I haven't gotten my copy of the video yet so I can't upload it, but I do have some links to Mr. Lemieux's speech (which I watched on C-Pac and broke into tears, cause you know, I'm cool like that).

So........ please check out the Press Release, the Official Hansard (did you know Hansard transcripts are so named because it was Luke Hansard and his descendants who compiled these reports until 1889; thank you Dictionary.com), and the Video (which is on the top right side of Mr. Lemieux's official website).  Hopefully once I head home next week I'll be able to get the digital copy of the video and post it myself.

No idea what I'm talking about? Catch the original post here and a second update here.

Hope you enjoy!

Below are photos of "Security Blanket" taken by the amazing talented Jeff Crawford (graduate of the New Brunswick College of Craft & Design's photography diploma, freelance photographer, and photo technician at NBCCD).
Check out Jeff's website here.



Front view of piece


Close up of screen print text & image


The bottom had 3 pockets sewn in so viewers could write letters of gratitude and leave them for the veteran who inspired this piece, Mr. Muir, or for veterans in general


My own letter of thank you sitting in the pocket





Back view



Close up of quotes from Mr. Muir, speaking about being in the RCAF during WWII



No comments: