Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Brrrrrrrr....

Some of you know, and some of you might not, that The Fox and I have spent the winter basically without heat.  Not because we're cheap (although we are) but because our landlords wouldn't fix it. "Brrrrrr" basically sums up the experience.  The last few days have been nice and warm outside, so we've been fairly comfortable inside but I woke up this morning to my cat meowing for attention and my limbs freezing when I deigned to stick them outside my blanket.  OH NO! Has the cold come back?!?!  I don't THINK so, I certainly hope not, but just in case here's some pictures of things I'd love to be snuggly and comfily curled up in to keep the cold at bay.
Gorgeous multicovered blue neckwarmer from Cushy Company's Etsy Site
Believe me, I had a hard time picking a favourite.

This mustard cable sweater fromStrange Magick Vintage's etsy site almost makes me sad winter's close to over.  I wish I would have found it in November and could have worn it all season, everyday! well, maybe not everyday... but maybe.
Yes, you heard me - I want to be wrapped up in this. Yards and yards and yards of this.  Gorgeous Handspun made my the illustrious Sarah MacLeod from merino dyed by the Maven of Making, Jackie Bourque.  Check out Jackie's blog here.
This little number is so clever and looks so snuggly.  I love the pop of spring green!  By Eveldas Neverland.  Check out her etsy site here.


Lastly, but certainly not leastly is this custom quilt by Denyse Schmidt, (a crafting and business hero of mine) called Wendy's Quilt.  Check out her website here.

And no, these are not teensy tiny dresses I want to be snuggled in.  These are the dresses that the brilliant mind of Denyse Schmidt made the above quilt around, so she could use these fabrics.  They were of sentimental value to the client.  And who doesn't love sentimental value?  Read the whole story here.

That is all for today.  I hope the sun shines for you (and me!) and we can soon put away our winter boots (mainly because mind make me look like a little kid, they're tonka boots, cause ya know, I need a boot ideally suited for icefishing!).

No comments: