Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sneak Peak "Ghost of a Memory"

Exciting post (if I do say so myself)!!
After my installation adventure the other day (literally the day before my trip), I had an unbelievable session with my photographer, Jeff Crawford.
In about an hour and a half we set up and shot my installation in studio, and shot after shot that Jeff took just made my skin crawl with how incredible he made my work look!  He is an absolute delight to work with, so professional, so talented, and so much fun (after our shoot we scooted up to our staff bowling party to join the gang for a beer & bowl).  Somehow, with very little helpful input from me, he can make the pictures I see in my head happen as well as some I'd never dream of!  Thank you Jeff! SOO thrilled with these shots!

Here's just a sampler of some of the photos.  This piece is essentially about the innocence of first love; they're just teaser detail shots though.  The grand unveiling will happen Friday, June 17 at the NBCCD gallery in downtown Fredericton when we open our grad show.
(After which I'll post more pics of the whole piece, but you should probably come down and see it in person!)







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel, they are beautiful and serene! – Historical and feminine and I’m intrigued to try and read every word! Congrats and best with the reveal! xo BL

Rachel Anne said...

Thanks BL!
I'll give you a hint about the text... It's from a poem by Lord Byron.

Jackie said...

Can't wait to see it installed!