Sunday, May 15, 2011

Blogging Lapse!

So, once again, an almost (or over?) 12 day lapse between posts.  Why the neglect? I was outta town and on vacation!
I just spent a few days in TO for a good friend's wedding (it was gorgeous and super fun!), and then down to the E.O. to spend time on the farm with family.  The whole week was an absolutely amazing time, and coming back to school I feel completely refreshed.  It's so easy to get caught up in everything that Needs To Get Done and to forget that sometimes I just need to be away, having fun, thinking about other stuff and that that time away can be the best thing for my practice.
I came back with a completely renewed perspective on life, new vigor and excitement about being my studio, and incredible inspirations!  It always amazes me how life can dish out monumental experiences in completely unexpected circumstances.
Also exciting, I got new art supplies (YYyyyeee!), started playing piano again at the farm (so good for the soul), spent time with a couple of the coolest kids around (my nephews), and took some pic of amazing texture from the farm for future work.
It surprises me sometimes how easy it can be to get caught up in the day to day of life, and to start compromising on my dreams and forgetting about the things are important to the core of me.  Sometimes I get small nudges of reminders from the world, and sometimes it's a huge slap in the face!  Thank you to all my friends and family for constantly inspiring me, and keeping me honest about life!
Life is just such an incredibly exciting adventure, and I'm pretty stoked aboot it!
Below are just a few photos from the farm.
To come soon: sneak peak of my new work!


LAMB!!!! At my neighbour's farm, playing with the sheep.

Old thistles found in a walk through the fields.

Moss log out by the creek (one of my favourite places to be, as a kid).


Part of the Old Barn.

Wild cucumbers growing on ruins.

Part of an old broken door.

Our fox hole tree in the back fields.

Kirkhill: God's Country and the home of my heart. (That's my mum to the side.)

No comments: